Wednesday, February 29, 2012


For some reason, I was under the impression this was a modern tale.  I soon found out I was mistaken.  This story is a Western that takes place in 1850’s Northern California.  Emma Jacobs is kidnapped while her husband is out of town.  Will Jacobs, sheriff of Stone Ridge, will stop until he finds her.
I enjoyed the story this book brought forth.  The main characters are not perfect, but have a great faith in Jesus as their Savior, trusting in Him throughout their trials.  I do wish the other characters had more depth to them.  However, I would classify the book as a Western, and it reminded me a bit of the Western movies from the 50’s and 60’s.  Character development wasn’t necessarily the point of the story, but showing that good will win against evil and the hero will save the day.  There were quite a few places were the dialogue just didn’t seem natural.  A scene would shift its focus abruptly, without giving any indication that you were about to go off in a different direction.
It is my opinion this book needed to go through editing a couple more times before publication.  But in spite of the mostly technical kind of issues, I was truly interested in finishing the book to find out if Emma and Will are reunited.

For more information about this book click here or the title above!
This book was provided to me free of charge from the BookCrash program in exchange for and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment