Sunday, January 29, 2012

You Will Have Yourself a Great Time If You Enjoy The Sing-Song Rhyme




This is the kind of Bible storybook that some people will love and think it is the best thing and others, well they won’t make it past the first few pages.  The description says, “If your kids love Dr. Seuss, they’re sure to enjoy My BIG Book of Bible Stories—17 favorite stories, featuring hilarious rhymes and bright, fun illustrations”.  That is an extremely good description of this book;  it is very much like reading a Dr. Seuss book. 

I have to admit I am not the biggest Dr. Seuss fan around, so it took me a couple of stories to warm up to this book.  My 5 and 3 year olds on the other hand think it is great.  However, this is a far cry from a literal retelling of God’s Word.  An excerpt from David and Goliath:

“My word!” said Goliath, “you are a good shot! I was going to duck, but I guess I forgot.  Why is everyone spinning! Who turned out the lights?  Is it nap time already?  Oh well, nighty-night!”

I can see that some are not going to be in favor of such a liberal retelling.  All I can say is that it grows on you and my boys like it.  This would have been a great place to think up a clever rhyme, oh well!
Click on the link above for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment